Tuesday, April 1, 2008

His Pursuit

The pursuit of your heart
The redemption that you chose for me
Your love has set my soul free
You buy me back time and time again
When I prostitute myself to the world
You hedge me with the thorns that encircled your brow
Hiding me from those who would steal me away
You speak in a whisper that shakes the earth
Caressing me with your love
You win my heart back with words of grace
You touch me and my scars are healed
You hold me and I'm made clean
You touch my lips with burning truth
And cover my head with a veil of purity
In joy we dance among the stars
With a renewed heart I find myself at peace in you
You rise up against my enemies and protect me with arms of strength
Your eyes search mine
Searching my heart as well
You know every dark thought and deed
But long to redeem me with your love
You provide for my every need
You long for me with your life
The scars of my sin cover your body
But you love me all the more
When I grow weary your arms lift me over the threshold
You lay me among meadows
You shelter me from the storms
You are my shade in the heat
I'm overwhelmed by the love you show
I cannot fight your pursuit of me
You wait eagerly, patiently
Desiring to show me the secrets of your heart forever

1 comment:

Holly Stavness said...

This is so great Monica:) May we live that we truly know this! What John said in Chapel yesterday totally challenged me. We say how great GOd is, but do we ever live that way?? so awesome! Love yoU!