Saturday, November 7, 2009

Junior Year

So, apparently, I'm am most likely the worst blogger ever.
Well, let's see...
Junior year has come. Upper division classes are...hard...obviously. I don't really know why I expected anything different :)
I am having a blast though. Due to living circumstances beyond our control, two of our roommates couldn't come back, which meant we got a random transfer...but, it also means that we only have 4 living in our apartment, which is spectacular. I absolutely love my roommmate. She's basically the best, and my best friend. I've never had someone that I can truly trust...and I absolutely love her. We get each other. We serve each other. We love each other, and it's amazing.
This was on our day date to Oak Glen. It's this really cute apple farm place...kinda like the SoCal version of NorCal's Apple Valley, which obviously isn't as good, because nothing in SoCal compares to NorCal. It's the truth.

Last night was Fortuna Bowl, which is our championship intramural football games. I know it sounds lame, but it's a big deal. It's a $20,000 event the school puts on. The winners of Fortuna then go on to play the other schools around here at a tournament at Biola. My team, the Bus Drivers went...we won! Whoo!
Actually, I'm not that happy. I played like crap. I'm realizing more and more that I don't like winning when I know I'm not playing well. Two passes thrown to me I tipped and they were then intercepted...which pissed me off. But we won 7-6. And people said it was a good game. Redemption will come at Biola.
God is so good. He is teaching me and leading me in ways I could have never imagined. I'm going through Hosea again...more in depth this time. I love how Scripture interprets itself...and how it shows for the Faithfulness of God to an unfaithful and obstinate people. Which I am one of the greatest candidates. I find the closer I grow to Him, the more I need him. If I don't spend time with Him...I'm completely off the rest of the day. He's also teaching me how to love to those that are unloveable, how to accept people and their pasts, their futures, their struggles...all i need is to love them for who God is and not for who they are.

No comments: