Saturday, August 30, 2008

Seas

6-6-08
Seas

Drowning in a sea of emotion
With these waves crashing overhead
Twenty feet under the surface
My heart has been left for dead
Clinging to a raft
A notion of a dream
Instead of letting go
And believing you rule the seas

I’m letting go of all my support
And holding on to love larger than life
Sinking into your depths
I find shelter from the strife
I long to hold on
To those things unseen
Fall captive to your grace
Must I walk on water to believe?

Call me up from this watery grave
Call me into the waves
Bid me to walk to you
You are the One who saves
I want nothing
But to lose it all to you
Find in your eyes
Strength to take me through

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Hi Monica, I just wanted let you know that I started a new blog to keep in touch with our fans better and answer questions about the record "Singularity." We are having some pretty awesome conversations about God, art, music, science and technology and I would love to have your participation. Check it out when you have a moment and let me know what you think.
There are two blogs that deal with different topics.
1. (mostly personal) http://mycontracrostipunctus.blogspot.com/

2. (mostly God,art,music,science,worldview related)
http://whatissingularity.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Jacob Anthony Marshall (mae)